12 Jan Delicious Gingerbread Cookies
Baking holiday cookies? Try these gingerbread cookies, they are AMAZING!
- 3 cups Organic flour
- 2 teaspoons Ginger
- Ground 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Ground 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Ground 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup organic butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
* Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and vanilla;mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Make two large discos and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured work surface. Cut into gingerbread men shapes with 5-inch cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
* Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are set and just begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Decorate cooled cookies as desired.